Device Driver Architectures
WHAT’S IN THIS CHAPTER?
- Introducing device driver software architectures
- Exploring the Windows Embedded Compact 7 kernel
- Defining kernel and user mode drivers
- Using monolithic and layered drivers
- Understanding stream, block, bus, and USB drivers
This chapter considers some key perspectives from which device drivers can be compared. It provides an overview of Compact 7 device drivers and how they are structured and relate to the operating system kernel. There are also some activities in this chapter dealing with the Bluetooth driver stack.