WHAT’S IN THIS CHAPTER?
- Understanding interrupts
- Exploring Compact 7 Interrupt Architecture
- What are installable Interrupts?
- Using Compact 7 Message Queues
- Understanding watchdog timers
- Using the eBox 3300 watchdogs to generate interrupts
- Creating a native DLL project and application that calls it
This chapter covers everything you need to know to get started with implementing and using interrupts with a Compact 7 system. It introduces interrupts and then discusses the Compact 7 interrupt architecture for IRQs, ISTs, and system interrupts. Watchdog timers are then introduced and a detailed example explains how to use them to generate system interrupts and how to trap these in user code. Also, you learn how to create a native DLL subproject as well as a native application subproject that calls the DLL.