DEVELOPING A WINDOWS NETWORK PROJECTOR
The exercise in this section goes through the steps to develop a Windows Network Project device using an eBox-3310A (eBox) as the target device.
After you complete the exercise, you can use the eBox, equipped with the Compact 7 OS run-time image from the exercise, to enable an existing projector to become a Windows Network Projector.
The exercise in this section provides simplified steps to develop and customize an OS design. Refer to Chapter 7, “OS Design,” for more detailed coverage of OS design development.
Create a Windows Network Projector OS Design
Launch VS2008 and work through the following steps to develop an OS design using the Network Projector template:
1. From the VS2008 File menu, select New, and click Project to bring up the New Project screen.
2. From the New Project screen’s left pane, select Platform Builder.
3. From the right pane, select OS Design, enter MyWNP as the project name, and click OK to bring up the OS Design Wizard.
4. Click Next to bring up the Board Support Packages selection screen.
5. From the list of available BSPs, select ICOP_eBox3310A_70A: X86, and click Next to bring up the OS Design Templates selection screen.
6. Expand the Enterprise Device folder to select the Network Projector template, and click Finish.
7. At this point, the Catalog Item Notification screen displays to warn the NDIS User-mode ...