A Concise Edition of the Definitive C++ Text Suitable for One-Term Courses
This concise and consolidated edition of the bestselling Programming and Problem Solving with C++ was developed in response to the need for a text that covered only what students and instructors are able to move through in a single semester. Sacrificing none of the breadth and detail of the comprehensive edition, the Brief Edition retains Dale and Weems’s trademark accessible and hands-on style. Highly relevant real-world examples and strong pedagogical features will engage students as they build key skills and absorb critical concepts. The text’s student-focused approach makes even the most difficult concepts in computer science programming accessible to all students.
Expanded and reorganized, Programming and Problem Solving with C++: Brief, Sixth Edition presents advanced topics at the introductory level and is the ideal text for one-term introductory computer science programming courses.
New and Key Features:
- Includes new programming exercises and new, more student-friendly organization of material
- Provides new discussion of Pointers and expanded discussion of C-Strings
- Features strong pedagogical elements, including real-world case studies and highly relevant exercises that reinforce key concepts and build crucial skills
- Introduces C++ language constructs in parallel with appropriate theory so that students immediately realize practical applications
- Every new printed copy of the text is packaged with full student access to Turing's Craft Custom CodeLab. Customized to match the organization of the text, CodeLab offers students hands-on C++ programming experience. The system immediately judges the correctness of code typed in by students, and offers hints for building and improving coding skills
- Ideally suited for bundling with A Laboratory Course in C++ (978-1-284-02590-3), a digital resource prepared by Nell Dale
- Includes a full suite of ancillary resources including a source code for students and instructors, and Power Point Lecture Outlines and a Test Bank for instructors