Digital Image Processing
After studying this chapter, you should be able to:
- understand the basics of image processing and types of images
- analyze an image and find its features
- perform basic operations on images
- perform advanced morphological operations
- understand image filtering operations
- enhance images and develop various applications
Human beings are predominantly visual creatures. Humans have evolved very precise visual skills; we can identify a face in an instance, we can differentiate colors, and can process a large amount of visual information very quickly. Human beings like images that look pretty. The field of image processing has developed because of this very natural tendency of human beings.
During the last ...