For anyone who wants to master project management—from novices to experienced PMs who want to successfully run more complex projects.
Looking for a better way to master today’s most valuable project management skills and techniques? Want expert help, but don’t have the time or energy to read a book? Can’t find classroom training worth the money? Discover LiveLessons: self-paced, personal video instruction from the world’s leading experts.
LiveLessons are three-to-four hour video courses organized into bite-sized, self-contained sessions—you’ll learn key skills in as little as fifteen minutes!
Each session begins with well-defined learning objectives and ends with comprehensive summaries, which help you track your progress.
Follow along as your instructor shows exactly how to get great results in your real-world environment.
In this LiveLesson—which contains 7+ hours of hands-on video training—top project management trainer Claudia Bacamakes real-world project management simpler and easier than ever before.
Project Management for Mere Mortals ®is a comprehensive video training course that teaches key techniques, using a live case study that covers all five process groups of project management: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closing.
Learn at your own pace and get practical, common-sense help with scoping, scheduling, budgeting, organizing work, building teams, setting quality goals, identifying risks, coping with politics, controlling changes, baselining, ending projects, and much more!
Table of contents
- Project Management for Mere Mortals LiveLesson Overview 00:09:06
- SESSION 1: Setting the Project Management Context 00:20:12
- SESSION 2: You’ve Been Assigned a Project! 00:23:00
- SESSION 3: How Big Is This Project? 00:25:15
- SESSION 4: Creating Product Requirements: Part A 00:19:41
- SESSION 4: Creating Product Requirements: Part B 00:18:23
- SESSION 5: Laying Out the Work 00:29:00
- SESSION 6: The Art of Estimating: Part A 00:15:32
- SESSION 6: The Art of Estimating: Part B 00:18:02
- SESSION 7: Quality—How Good Does It Have to Be? 00:22:09
- SESSION 8: Communication—What Do You Think about My Project? 00:22:17
- SESSION 9: Risk—What Should You Worry About? 00:27:35
- SESSION 10: Creating the Schedule: Part A 00:18:40
- SESSION 10: Creating the Schedule: Part B 00:13:45
- SESSION 11: Budgeting—How Much? 00:17:32
- SESSION 12: The Rhythm of Project Execution 00:20:40
- SESSION 13: Keeping the Project on Track 00:26:11
- SESSION 14: Controlling Changes 00:20:31
- SESSION 15: Success!—Closing the Project 00:16:26
- SESSION 16: Building Effective Teams: Part A 00:14:07
- SESSION 16: Building Effective Teams: Part B 00:18:33
- SESSION 17: Working Project Politics: Part A 00:17:25
- SESSION 17: Working Project Politics: Part B 00:16:47
- Title: Project Management for Mere Mortals(R) (Video LiveLessons)
- Release date: October 2007
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780321534064
You might also like
The hands-on video guide to project management: master the entire project lifecycle in just hours! Description …
Running Great Meetings and Workshops For Dummies
Run engaging, productive group sessions with practical guidance and expert advice Running Great Workshops & Meetings …
The Manager's Path (Audio Book)
Managing people is difficult wherever you work. But in the tech industry, where management is also …
3+ Hours of Video Instruction Scrum Fundamentals LiveLessons In this video training, Tommy Norman (CSM, CSP, …