After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
• plan for the data collection and/or fieldwork season stage of your project;
• develop and train your team and run effective team meetings;
• outline all of the deliverables to be created in a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS);
• create useful and accurate project schedule and budget; and
• plan responses to major potential risks.
Once the project has been approved and the resources required for it have been assigned, the execution phase of the research project can begin. This phase will involve most of the actual activities of the project, particularly those focused on field works for as many seasons as the research proposal stipulates. Also, it is ...