What’s in This Chapter
• Why project management matters
• What you need to know about training project managers
• Project manager skills and competencies
• Estimates of time required
• A broad view of what the book includes
Nearly everything we do in our professional and personal lives is a project of some sort. Whether it is rolling out a new product or initiative, collaborating on a team, or planning a vacation, a good understanding of how to deliver a project on time, in budget, and within scope is the formula for success. In today’s complex, interconnected world, organizations need predictable, repeatable, and scalable processes that can maintain the blistering ...