Chapter 7. Inception: Kicking Off the Project
All projects start with excitement and high expectations. Successful projects harness this excitement and maintain it consistently throughout the project. How is this accomplished? Certainly a large part of this is communication among all members of the project team. Another factor is establishing a sense of mission and using it to instill a sense of urgency in the project team. This chapter covers the following:
• The purpose and goals of the Inception phase
• Artifacts to be produced in the Inception phase
• The “soft” skills needed on a successful project, such as
• The importance of setting the project vision
• Best practices for maintaining communication throughout all organizations involved ...
Get Project Management with the IBM now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.