The hands-on video guide to project management: master the entire project lifecycle in just hours!
These easy video tutorials are the fastest way to master modern project management! Project Management LiveLessons teaches the most important elements in project management: organizing your project, developing project scope and risk assessments, planning and scheduling, monitoring and tracking progress, and dealing with the problems most likely to derail your project. Drawing on 25+ years’ experience as a world-class project management consultant, researcher, and instructor, Jeffrey Pinto covers many of the key managerial and technical areas included in the Project Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge (PMBoK). First, Pinto explains what makes projects unique, why they’re so important, and how the project lifecycle is organized. Next, he shows how to prepare crucial project artifacts including scope statements, work authorizations, and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)… how to manage and mitigate project risks… how to plan and schedule projects and how to create project activity networks… how to use critical path, PERT, and Gantt charts… how to track projects using sophisticated Earned Value techniques… and how to efficiently close or terminate a project and learn the lessons it can teach. Whatever your experience or industry, you can become a more confident, skilled project managerand fast!
What You Will Learn
- The basic elements of projects and how they are organized
- How to define a project’s scope
- How to systematically manage project risk
- How to create project plans and schedules
- How to estimate using Critical Path and PERT
- How to track and control projects
- How to effectively close out projects and learn lessons from them
- How to overcome common challenges in day-to-day project management
Who Should Take This Course
- For practicing and aspiring project management professionals at all levels of experience, in all industries and disciplines, from software to construction
- For all project managers seeking any PMI or comparable accreditation, or seeking to maintain an existing credential
- For graduate, executive, and MBA students in project management programs, whether in person or online
- No project management experience or knowledge required
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Why Projects?
Understand projects and their components, discover why projects have become so important to business success, and explore the project life cycle.
Lesson 2: Project Scope
Scope your project, one step at a time; create effective scope statements and work authorizations; and gather critical information for scope reporting, control, and closeout.
Lesson 3: Risk Management
Understand why project risk management is so critical, and learn four steps for systematically managing and mitigating project risks.
Lesson 4: Creating the Project Network
Use proven project planning and scheduling elements; master essential project scheduling terminology; and create complete project activity networks.
Lesson 5: Duration Estimation and Critical Path
Estimate activity durations; identify and optimize project critical paths; and use Gantt charts as an alternative network method.
Lesson 6: Evaluation and Control
Master common project tracking methods; explore Earned Value in depth, learning its terminology and steps; develop key tracking metrics; and overcome key challenges in using Earned Value effectively.
Lesson 7: Project Termination and Close-out
Understand key project closeout steps; run effective "lessons learned" meetings; get the information you need to close out projects; consider when to terminate a project; and learn how to prepare for claims and disputes.
About LiveLessons Video Training
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at http://www.informit/livelessons.
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: Why Projects?
Lesson 2: Project Scope
- Learning objectives
- 2.1 Understand the elements of project scope
- 2.2 Identify the conceptual development steps
- 2.3 Learn the critical elements of the scope statement
- 2.4 Determine what is required for work authorization
- 2.5 Recognize critical information related to scope reporting, control, and closeout
- Lesson 3: Risk Management
- Lesson 4: Creating the Project Network
- Lesson 5: Duration Estimation and Critical Path
- Lesson 6: Evaluation and Control
- Lesson 7: Project Termination and Close-out
- Title: Project Management
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0134211588
You might also like
A/B Testing, A Data Science Perspective
Deciding whether or not to launch a new product or feature is a resource management bet …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Agile is a software development methodology that lowers risks and adds value to your software. We'll …
Project Management for Mere Mortals(R) (Video LiveLessons)
For anyone who wants to master project management—from novices to experienced PMs who want to successfully …