Phase 1 Solutions
Hands-on 1.1: Testing Your Knowledge of Corporate Strategy
1. Project managers want to be able to answer the question “Why are we doing this?” and focus only on the elements of the project that support the corporate strategy. If a project manager does not understand the corporate strategy, the project could easily fall into scope creep mode.
2. The following are three elements of corporate strategy:
- What kind of image do we want?
- Where do we want to be five years from now?
- What do we want to be known for?
3. Portfolio management is important because project selection is determined by what is good for the business based on all of the corporate strategy elements for a given time period instead of what is ...