You now have a robust project plan. Your planning efforts should pay off here. The executing phase puts your plan into action. As project manager, you’ll now do the following:
- Obtain and manage project resources
- Direct and manage project execution
- Implement the quality plan
- Follow the risk plan to minimize the impact of risk events
- Develop and manage team performance
Task 3.1: Obtaining Project Resources
Project resources are the most valuable commodity on your project. Some will be people with whom you have worked previously; some will be preassigned to your team. You may have to negotiate for others and be mindful that part of your team may be a virtual team, that is, those who are either geographically dispersed ...