Learn four cost-effective ways to protect the applications you develop for mobile devices. The methods described in this Mini Missing Manual won't stop people from misappropriating your secrets, stealing your name, and copying your code. But if any of those things do happen, you'll have the legal ammunition you need to recover your losses and, in some cases, get money to pay attorney fees. Taking these steps will also reinforce your legal rights in the event that another company wants to acquire your apps.
The four methods include:
- Trade secret protection. Want to show your app to others -- investors, beta testers, or contractors -- before it's available to the public? Learn what trade secrets are and how you can protect them.
- Copyright protection. Protect your whole app as well as its individual parts, such as the underlying code, appearance, and the collection of data within it.
- Trademark protection. Protect your app's name, slogan, or logo. And learn how to file an application for trademark registration.
- Permissions. Learn how and when to get permission to reuse material from other sources, like photos, data, video, or audio clips.
Table of contents
Names and Trademarks
- Trademark Basics
- Choosing and Registering Your Trademark
- Staying out of Trouble
- Names and Trademarks
- Title: Protecting Your Mobile App IP: The Mini Missing Manual
- Release date: December 2010
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449393670
You might also like
Transformational Security Awareness
Expert guidance on the art and science of driving secure behaviors Transformational Security Awareness empowers security …
GitHub For Dummies
Code collaboratively with GitHub Once you’ve learned the basics of coding the next step is to …
Hacking For Dummies, 6th Edition
Stop hackers before they hack you! In order to outsmart a would-be hacker, you need to …
Hands-On Enterprise Automation with Python.
Invent your own Python scripts to automate your infrastructure About This Book Make the most of …