Prototyping and user testing is the best way to create successful products, but many designers skip this important step and use gut instinct instead. By explaining the goals and methodologies behind prototyping—and demonstrating how to prototype for both physical and digital products—this practical guide helps beginning and intermediate designers become more comfortable with creating and testing prototypes early and often in the process.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1. What Is a Prototype?
- Chapter 2. Why We Prototype
- Chapter 3. Fidelity for Prototypes
- Chapter 4. The Process of Prototyping
- Chapter 5. Prototyping for Digital Products
- Chapter 6. Prototyping for Physical Products
- Chapter 7. Testing Prototypes with Users
- Chapter 8. Pulling It All Together—SXSW Tasting Experience
- Chapter 9. What Have We Learned
- Appendix A. Resources and Links
- Appendix B. Glossary
- Title: Prototyping for Designers
- Release date: December 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491954089