The Private-Sector Investor’s Perspective
Having thus considered how the Public Authority goes through the process of developing and signing up to a PPP Contract, this chapter considers the parallel process on the part of the private-sector investors, i.e.:
• the investment ‘pool’ for PPP projects (§7.2);
• the financial basis for the investment decision (§7.3);
• bidding and project development (§7.4);
• joint-venture issues (§7.5);
• formation and management of the Project Company (§7.6);
• the use of external advisers (§7.7).
§7.2 The investment pool
§7.2.1 Sponsors and other primary investors
In order to obtain debt financing for the Project Company, its investors have to offer priority payment to the lenders, ...
Get Public-Private Partnerships now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.