Puppet’s true power exists in the simple resource model it uses to manage the state of complex operating systems. This concise guide shows you how to extend that model and implement custom functionality on top of Puppet by working with the type and provider APIs. Two experts from Puppet Labs explain the concepts behind these APIs, and provide instructions and examples to help you write your own fully functional types and providers.
Table of Contents
- Puppet Types and Providers
- 1. Puppet Resources
- 2. Types
- Creating a Provider
- Properties and Providers
- Discovering and Prefetching Resources
- 4. Advanced Types and Providers
- A. Installing Puppet
- B. Modules
- C. Troubleshooting and Debugging
- Title: Puppet Types and Providers
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449339319