Find your purpose at work.
In an ideal world, our work lives would be completely fulfilling and intrinsically motivating.
But what if you're stuck in a job and your heart isn't in it anymore? Or what if your company's mission seems unrelated to the work you do day in and day out? This book showcases the power of passion--and how you and your team can find it at work.
This volume includes the work of:
- Morten T. Hansen
- Teresa M. Amabile
- Scott A. Snook
- Nick Craig
This collection of articles includes "Finding Meaning at Work, Even When Your Job Is Dull," by Morten Hansen and Dacher Keltner; "What to Do When Your Heart Isn't in Your Work Anymore," by Andy Molinsky; "You Don’t Find Your Purpose--You Build It," by John Coleman; "How to Find Meaning in a Job That Isn't Your True Calling," by Emily Esfahani Smith; "You're Never Done Finding Purpose at Work," by Dan Pontefract; "From Purpose to Impact," by Nick Craig and Scott A. Snook; "Five Questions to Help Your Employees Find Their Inner Purpose," by Kristi Hedges; "How to Make Work More Meaningful for Your Team," by Lewis Garrad and Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic; "The Power of Small Wins," by Teresa M. Amabile and Steven J. Kramer; and "The Founder of TOMS on Reimagining the Company's Mission," by Blake Mycoskie.
HOW TO BE HUMAN AT WORK.
The HBR Emotional Intelligence Series features smart, essential reading on the human side of professional life from the pages of Harvard Business Review. Each book in the series offers proven research showing how our emotions impact our work lives, practical advice for managing difficult people and situations, and inspiring essays on what it means to tend to our emotional well-being at work. Uplifting and practical, these books describe the social skills that are critical for ambitious professionals to master.
Table of contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- 1. Finding Meaning at Work, Even When Your Job Is Dull
- 2. What to Do When Your Heart Isn’t in Your Work Anymore
- 3. You Don’t Find Your Purpose—You Build It
- 4. How to Find Meaning in a Job That Isn’t Your True Calling
- 5. You’re Never Done Finding Purpose at Work
- 6. From Purpose to Impact
- 7. Five Questions to Help Your Employees Find Their Inner Purpose
- 8. How to Make Work More Meaningful for Your Team
- 9. The Power of Small Wins
- 10. The Founder of TOMS on Reimagining the Company’s Mission
- Title: Purpose, Meaning, and Passion (HBR Emotional Intelligence Series)
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633696280
You might also like
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
Strata + Hadoop World 2016 - San Jose, California: Video Compilation
Make data work, a simple phrase a mile deep, was the theme of Strata+ Hadoop San …
The Software Architect Elevator
As the digital economy changes the rules of the game for enterprises, the role of software …