1. Your First Step
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Replicate the concepts of RESTful API
- Describe the meaning of different HTTP methods and statuses
- Get hands-on experience on PyCharm IDE
- Build a RESTful API and execute CRUD using Flask
- Use JSON messages to communicate with the APIs
- Test API endpoints using Postman and httpie/curl command-line tools
This chapter introduces API and explains the concepts of web services, API and REST.
We are in the internet era, a world where everything is connected. Data flows seamlessly from one place to another. We can get all the information in the world with a few clicks on a website. Take Skyscanner as an example, we just need to put in the date ...