After a brief history of Python and key differences between Python 2 and Python 3, you'll understand how Python has been used in applications such as YouTube and Google App Engine. As you work with the language, you'll learn about control statements, delve into controlling program flow and gradually work on more structured programs via functions.
As you settle into the Python ecosystem, you'll learn about data structures and study ways to correctly store and represent information. By working through specific examples, you'll learn how Python implements object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts of abstraction, encapsulation of data, inheritance, and polymorphism. You'll be given an overview of how imports, modules, and packages work in Python, how you can handle errors to prevent apps from crashing, as well as file manipulation.
By the end of this course, you'll have built up an impressive portfolio of projects and armed yourself with the skills you need to tackle Python projects in the real world.
What You Will Learn
- Use control statements
- Manipulate primitive and non-primitive data structures
- Use loops to iterate over objects or data for accurate results
- Write encapsulated and succinct Python functions
- Build Python classes using object-oriented programming
- Manipulate files on the file system (open, read, write, and delete)
Python Fundamentals is great for anyone who wants to start using Python to build anything from simple command-line programs to web applications. Prior knowledge of Python isn't required.
About The Author
Sanjin Dedic: Sanjin Dedic is a robotics engineer. He has worked for 5 years as a Product Development Engineer and for the past 7 years, he has been teaching Digital Technologies and Systems Engineering. He has extensive classroom experience in teaching computational thinking and the foundational skills in platforms like Scratch, Arduino, Python, Raspberry Pi, and Lego Mindstorms.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 :
- Chapter 2 : Section2: Variables
- Chapter 3 : Section3: Data Types
- Chapter 4 : Section4: Control Statements and Loops
- Chapter 5 : Section5: Functions
- Chapter 6 : Section6: Lists and Tuples
- Chapter 7 : Section7: Dictionaries and Sets
- Chapter 8 : Section8: Object-Oriented Programming
- Chapter 9 : Section9: Modules, Packages, and File Operations
- Chapter 10 : Section10: Error Handling
- Title: Python Fundamentals
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789806892
You might also like
45+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
With an interesting mix of theory and practicals, explore Python and its features, and progress from …
Introduction to Python: Learn How to Program Today with Python
7+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Python is a great, beginner-friendly programming language because it was …
Practical Python: Learn Python Basics Step by Step - Python 3
Python is one of the most popular programming languages and gives a lot of scope and …