A practical guide for learning Python, complete with real-world projects for you to explore
About This Video
- A comprehensive introduction to the world of Python programming
- Paves an easy-to-follow path for you to navigate through concepts
- Filled with practical demos to reinforce your learning
After a brief history of Python and key differences between Python 2 and Python 3, you'll understand how Python has been used in applications such as YouTube and Google App Engine. As you work with the language, you'll learn about control statements, delve into controlling program flow and gradually work on more structured programs via functions.
As you settle into the Python ecosystem, you'll learn about data structures and study ways to correctly store and represent information. By working through specific examples, you'll learn how Python implements object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts of abstraction, encapsulation of data, inheritance, and polymorphism. You'll be given an overview of how imports, modules, and packages work in Python, how you can handle errors to prevent apps from crashing, as well as file manipulation.
By the end of this course, you'll have built up an impressive portfolio of projects and armed yourself with the skills you need to tackle Python projects in the real world.
Python Fundamentals is great for anyone who wants to start using Python to build anything from simple command-line programs to web applications. Prior knowledge of Python isn't required.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 :
- Chapter 2 : Section2: Variables
- Chapter 3 : Section3: Data Types
- Chapter 4 : Section4: Control Statements and Loops
- Chapter 5 : Section5: Functions
- Chapter 6 : Section6: Lists and Tuples
- Chapter 7 : Section7: Dictionaries and Sets
- Chapter 8 : Section8: Object-Oriented Programming
- Chapter 9 : Section9: Modules, Packages, and File Operations
- Chapter 10 : Section10: Error Handling
- Title: Python Fundamentals
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789806892
You might also like
Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Course: Azure Fundamentals
Not sure where to start with the Microsoft Azure platform? Whether an IT pro or new …
Getting Started with Kubernetes LiveLessons, 2nd Edition
6+ Hours of Video Instruction More than six and a half hours of video instruction, including …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
7 Hours of Video Instruction Seven hours of video instruction covering the fundamentals of cloud computing; …