Lists and Tuples
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Create and access lists in Python
- Describe the various methods that are available in lists, and use them in your Python programs
- Create and access tuples in Python
- Identify the differences between tuples and lists
- Implement the various built-in methods that are available with tuples
This lesson introduces lists and tuples in Python. We also look at the various list and tuple methods.
A list is a data structure that holds ordered collections of related data. Lists are known as arrays in other programming languages, like Java, C, and C++. Python lists, however, are more flexible and powerful than the traditional arrays of other languages. ...