Chapter 11. Putting It All Together – a Complete Mapping System
In these final three chapters of this book, we will bring together all the topics discussed in previous chapters to implement a sophisticated web-based mapping application called ShapeEditor.
In this chapter, we will:
- Look at the ShapeEditor system from the user's point of view in order to see how it will work
- Look at the various parts of the ShapeEditor in depth and see how they will be implemented in terms of data structures and functionality
- Set up a PostGIS database for the ShapeEditor to use
- Create the GeoDjango project and applications for the ShapeEditor system
- Define the ShapeEditor's database models
- Configure the GeoDjango admin interface for the ShapeEditor
- Use the admin interface ...