With Python, you can build applications, such as Google, Instagram, Spotify, and Reddit. But to make such applications, you should have a strong knowledge of the fundamentals of Python. This course will be your step-by-step guide to master the fundamentals of Python programming.
The course starts by walking you through the process of setting up a Python development environment. Next, you will get an overview of the versions and history of Python programming and write a simple “Hello World” program to understand the structure of Python code. Moving along, you will get a detailed understanding of Python variables, datatypes, built-in functions, conditional statements, and loops. Next, you will learn how to work with lists, tuples, sets, dictionaries, strings, functions, modules, and packages in Python. Later, you will learn to debug your Python program, work with files, and learn how to handle exceptions. Next, you will learn how to use numbers and date and time functions in Python programs and study the concepts of package management. Finally, you will learn to create, activate, and deactivate Python virtual environments and get an overview of comprehensions and decorators.
By the end of this course, you will have gained the knowledge and skills of all the basic concepts of Python programming and will be ready to take up advanced Python concepts.
What You Will Learn
- Explore Python datatypes variables and functions
- Find out how to create and work with modules and packages
- Read and write a CSV and binary file
- Grasp techniques to handle exceptions
- Find out how to debug Python programs
- Create, activate, and deactivate Python virtual environments
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning the basics of Python programming. There are no prerequisites to take this course as you will learn everything from scratch.
About The Author
Coding Gears | Train Your Brain: GlobalETraining (brand name - CodingGears) offers self-paced technical courses and makes them easy to learn.
They have been in the IT training business for many years, offering training courses in Unix, Windows, C#, Java, Python programming, SQL server, manual testing, automation, and so on. Their instructors have 20+ years of experience in various technical areas such as software development, software testing, Windows systems, and network administration, Unix/Linux systems and network administration, virtualization technologies, storage, shell scripting, database management systems (MS SQL Server, MySQL, IBM DB2, Cassandra), containerization (Dockers), Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Jira, Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), Gluster file system, CoreOS, Ansible, and other areas.
CodingGears/GlobalETraining has mentored thousands of students for over a decade and has extensive experience in delivering training—both in-class and online.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Welcome
- Chapter 2 : Setting up the Python Development Environment
- Chapter 3 : Python – Absolute Basics
- Chapter 4 : Variables, Data Types, and Built-in Functions
- Chapter 5 : Conditional Statements and Loops
- Chapter 6 : Working with Lists
- Chapter 7 : Working with Tuples
- Chapter 8 : Working with Sets
- Chapter 9 : Working with Dictionaries
- Chapter 10 : Working with Strings
- Chapter 11 : Functions
- Chapter 12 : Modules and Packages
- Chapter 13 : Debugging
- Chapter 14 : Working with Files (Files Input/Output)
- Chapter 15 : Handling Exceptions
- Chapter 16 : Working with Numbers
- Chapter 17 : Working with Dates and Times
- Chapter 18 : Package Management
- Chapter 19 : Python Virtual Environments
- Chapter 20 : Comprehensions
- Chapter 21 : Decorators
- Chapter 22 : Generators
- Chapter 23 : Miscellaneous and Additional Resources
- Title: Python Programming for Beginners: Hands-on (Online Lab)
- Release date: January 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801074278
You might also like
Python Programming for Beginners - Learn in 100 Easy Steps
Python is one of the most popular programming languages. Python offers both object-oriented and structural programming …
Python for Beginners: Learn Python Programming (Python 3)
This course will teach you Python in a practical manner, complete with examples, quizzes, exercises, and …
Python 3 from Beginner to Expert - Learn Python from Scratch
Python is renowned for its accessibility and code readability, making it an excellent choice for beginners …
Python for Beginners - Start to Code with Python
Python is an excellent language to start programming with, it is powerful and easy to get …