Longtime Pythonista Carlos de la Guardia describes Python web frameworks ranging from full-stack options that offer a lot of functionality to micro frameworks that focus on simplicity with fewer features. You’ll not only get pointers on how to choose a framework that best fits your development needs, but you’ll also learn what it takes to create your own.
- Take a tour of Python frameworks, from Appier, Cyclone, and Fantastico to Grok, Muffin, and Twisted
- Dive into details on the top six Python frameworks—Django, Flask, Tornado, Bottle, Pyramid, and CherryPy
- Review code examples, testing capabilities, best uses, and ways to get started with each of the top six
- Learn Python’s building blocks for creating your own framework, and explore why you’d want to pursue this option
Table of Contents
- 1. Python Web Framework Landscape
2. Some Frameworks to Keep an Eye On
- 3. What’s the Right Framework for You?
- 4. Developing Your Own Framework
- 5. Summary
- A. Python Web Development Fundamentals
- Title: Python Web Frameworks
- Release date: March 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492037873