Generating the shortest paths for all students
So far, we have only looked at the shortest path between all the given segments of road in the city. Now, given the student location, let's look at where student traffic will accumulate.
Finding the associated segment for a student location
By following these steps, we will join attributes from the closest road segment—including the associated topological and travel attributes—to each student location. Perform the following steps:
- Install the NNJoin plugin.
- Navigate to Plugins | NNJoin | NNJoin.
- Enter the following parameters:
- Input vector layer: students
- Join vector layer: newark_osm
- Output layer:
- Click on OK.
packt_c4database using Database Manager.