Connecting to the database
To load data from the database, we need to create a connection to the database:
- Use the same QlikView file
QlikViewEssentials.qvw that you created in the previous section.
- Go to the Main tab. Data connections should be created in the Main tab, so that they can be available to all the tabs after the Main tab.
- Open script editor as shown previously. On the Data tab, select OLE DB from the database drop-down list.
- If you are working with a Windows 64-bit system, be sure to check Force 32 Bit.
- Click the Connect button. In Data Link Properties, select Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider as you will be using the Access database, and click Next.
- Browse to
QlikViewEssentials.mdb, which is in the downloaded folder