• Describe the meaning of productivity in health care organizations.
• Develop measures of productivity in various health care operations.
• Describe commonly used productivity ratios.
• Describe the concept of multi-factor productivity.
• Review adjustment methods for inputs and outputs of the productivity ratios.
• Compare productivity within and across the health care organizations.
• Describe the relationships between productivity and quality in health care.
Health care professionals must learn to manage constraints. Cost containment strategies such as the Medicare Prospective Payment System (PPS), private insurers’ reimbursement ceilings, and managed care contracting place tremendous pressures on ...