• Describe the meaning of quality and quality control in health care.
• Review measures of quality in various health care operations.
• Recognize process variability and randomness concepts.
• Develop quality monitoring and control charts.
• Analyze quality control chart for a health care situation.
• Describe and analyze control chart patterns.
• Describe quality improvement techniques.
QUALITY IN HEALTH CARE
Quality in general terms means meeting and exceeding customer expectations. In health care, the definition of customer and the criteria for quality are complicated matters in comparison to the meaning of those terms in industry. Obviously, it is patients who receive health care services. ...