• Describe the need for project management and its use for administrative and clinical operations.
• Review the information sources for project management in various health services operations.
• Evaluate projects with PERT/CPM techniques.
• Recognize risk in project completion, and develop probabilistic methods.
• Describe the concept of project compression.
• Evaluate the cost/benefit of project compression.
Health care managers typically oversee a variety of operations intended to deliver health services. Besides those, health care managers may work on projects that are unique and nonroutine, designed to accomplish a specified set of objectives in a limited time. Projects can be viewed as temporary ...