4. Understanding QuickBooks Lists
Add or Edit the Chart of Accounts
Create an Item to Use on a Customer Invoice
QuickBooks offers several methods for tracking and reporting on your accounting data so you can review how your business is doing financially.
With QuickBooks, you can use the following lists to analyze your business:
• Chart of Accounts—For organizing your daily transactions
• Items List—For tracking the profitability of individual services and products sold
• Class List—For tracking different corporate profit centers (divisions)
• Customer Type List—For viewing your gross profit by user-defined customer types
A well-defined QuickBooks data file most likely includes the use of items, classes, and customer types, in addition to ...