Appendix ATo Learn More
A.1. The special issues of journals
It is very difficult to give, in each chapter, a comprehensive list of journals and significant books related to the subject domain. Even if these contributions are referenced in the bibliography (often as a specific article of the journal and not the special issue as such), it seemed interesting to summarize these contributions in a separate chapter. Appendix A “To learn more” recalls the contributions that, according to us, are most important in the Software Radio (SR) and Cognitive Radio (CR) domains addressed in this book. The activity of special issues on a particular domain is generally limited to a few years when this topic is very popular. This was exactly the situation for the CR topic in 2008 and 2009.
A.1.1. SR domain in general
In this domain, the referenced special issues of journals in chronological order (since 1995) are listed:
– Special Issue, “Software radios”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 33, no. 5, May 1995.
– Special Issue, “Software radio: propelled by DSP, software moves closer to the antenna”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 37, no. 2, February 1999.
– Special Issue, “Software radios”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 37, no. 8, August 1999.
– Special Issue, “Software radio”, IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 6, no. 4, August 1999.
– Special Issue, “Software radios”, IEEE Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 17, no. 4, April 1999.
– Special Issue, “La Radio Logicielle”, Annales ...