By the end of this chapter, you should:
- understand how perspective viewing is defined;
- understand the difference between computer viewing and how our eyes see the world around us;
- understand how perspective distortion arises;
- understand the properties of perspective projections;
- have examined a number of ray-traced perspective images.
Perspective viewing produces more realistic images than orthographic viewing because it corresponds more closely to the way our eyes work. I’ll present here the definitions and properties of perspective projections and then discuss axis-aligned perspective viewing. This ...