Harness the power of React and the related libraries that you need to know to deliver successful front-end implementations. Whether you are a beginner getting started or an existing React developer, this book will provide you with the must-have knowledge you need in your toolbox to build a complete app.Start by learning how to create and style your own components, add state management, and manage routing. You’ll also learn how to work with the backend using the MERN stack (MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js). Once you have completed building your app you will learn how to deliver quality software by conducting unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end (E2E) testing, as well as learn techniques to debug, profile, and optimize your React app.
Libraries and tools covered include TypeScript, Material-UI, Styled Components, SCSS, React Router, Redux Toolkit, Recoil, Jest, Enzyme, Sinon, MongoDB, NodeJS, Express, Serve, Grunt, Puppeteer, ESLint, Prettier and many others. And, you'll get access to bonus material and learn how to conduct and nail React interview questions.
Each chapter in this book can be used independently so you can pick and choose the information you’d like to learn. Use it to get deep into your React development world and find out why React has been rated the most loved framework by front-end developers for three years in a row.
What You'll Learn
- Review the basics of DOM, React Virtual DOM, JSX, Babel, ES5/ES6, CRA, package manager, Yarn, Webpack, and build tools
- Write your own custom React components and learn about hooks and props.
- Apply routing and state management with React Route, Recoil, and Redux Toolkit
- Deliver quality software and reduce QA load by learning unit testing integration testing and end-to-end testing with libraries such as Jest, Jest-dom, Enzyme, Sinon, and Puppeteer
- Set an ultimate React automated development and CI cycle with ESLint, Prettier, Husky, Jest, Puppeteer, GitHub Actions, Codecov.io, Coveralls, Travis, and DeepScan
- Publish your code on Ubuntu Server with the help of Grunt
- Optimize your React app with pure components, lazy loading, prerender, precache, code splitting, tree shaking, reduce media size, and prefetching
Who This Book Is For?
This book is for new developers looking to start working on React applications, and React developers looking to expand on their existing knowledge. It is also suitable for developers coming from other front-end frameworks such as Angular and Vue who would like to add React to their toolbox.
Table of contents
- Front Matter
- 1. Learn React Basic Concepts
- 2. Starter React Project and Friends
- 3. React Components
- 4. React Router and Material-UI
- 5. State Management
- 6. MERN Stack: Part I
- 7. MERN Stack: Part II
- 8. React Deployment: MERN Stack
- 9. Testing Part I: Unit Test Your React App
- 10. Testing Part II: Development and Deployment Cycle
- 11. Debug and Profile Your React App
- 12. Optimize Your React App
- Back Matter
- Title: React and Libraries: Your Complete Guide to the React Ecosystem
- Release date: March 2021
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484266960
You might also like
React and React Native - Third Edition
Get up to speed with React, React Native, GraphQL and Apollo for building cross-platform native apps …
React and React Native - Fourth Edition
Fourth Edition of the popular React book, updated to the latest React 18 to help you …
The Complete React Developer Course (with Hooks and Redux)
The Complete React Developer Course (with Hooks and Redux) starts with the fundamentals and covers everything …
Full-Stack Web Development with GraphQL and React - Second Edition
Unleash the power of GraphQL, React 17, Node, and Express to build a scalable and production-ready …