Through the course of the book, web developers and programmers will build a complete custom app that lets you store data on the client. You’ll quickly learn why some developers consider React the key to the web app development puzzle.
Table of Contents
- 1. Hello World
2. The Life of a Component
- A Custom Functional Component
- A Custom Class Component
- A Textarea Component
- Make it Stateful
- A Note on DOM Events
- Props Versus State
- Props in Initial State: An Anti-Pattern
- Accessing the Component from the Outside
- Lifecycle Methods
- Lifecycle Example: Log It All
- Lifecycle Example: Using a Child Component
- Performance Win: Prevent Component Updates
- Whatever Happened to Functional Components?
- Title: React: Up & Running, 2nd Edition
- Release date: July 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492051466