Enterprises are busy transforming themselves by building applications capable of handling massive scale, enormous amounts of data, or both. The good news? There’s an unprecedented choice of open source technologies available to pursue these next-generation applications. In this report, enterprise architects and tech leads will examine the factors driving so many organizations to build reactive systems for cloud native development.
Grace Jansen and Peter Gollmar from IBM examine how the reactive architectural style enables microservices-driven applications to react better to their surroundings and to each other. You’ll learn the key patterns of reactive systems and draw distinctions between implementations offered by various toolkits and frameworks.
- Learn how reactive systems handle web and mobile commerce and data-driven decisions
- Understand what makes reactive systems reactive: Which tools or implementations do you need to attain reactivity?
- Explore concurrency and parallelism with multithreading, the reactor pattern, the multireactor pattern, and the actor model
- Learn how reactive works with your enterprise application and understand when a reactive system is the right choice
Table of contents
- 1. The Journey to Reactive Systems
- 2. Defining Reactive Systems
- 3. Your Toolbox to Reactive
- 4. Putting Your Reactive Toolbox to Work
- Title: Reactive Systems Explained
- Release date: February 2020
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492077329
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Software Architect's Handbook
A comprehensive guide to exploring software architecture concepts and implementing best practices Key Features Enhance your …