Psychologies, the leading magazine for intelligent people, provides their inspirational yet rigorous approach to the perennial topic of focus, to include topics of mindfulness, clarity and productivity.
How are you today? We would hazard a guess that your answer will be along the lines of 'I'm so busy,' 'I feel so frazzled,' or 'what-am-I doing-even reading-this-book, I've got so much to do!'
However, we also suspect that you know in your heart of hearts, that life's not supposed to feel like this. You're not supposed to feel like you're in a hamster wheel that you can't get off; that life is a ‘whirlwind' or ‘one never-ending To Do list.' You know there has to be another way - but what is it? Well here it is: Real Focus.
Written in association with Psychologies Magazine the leading magazine for intelligent people, covering work, personal development and lifestyle issues Real Focus is:
- Packed full of tips, techniques and advice to help you focus in on what matters
- Based on scientific evidence and cutting edge global research
- Rigorous with credible content presented in a light and accessible manner
- Inspirational yet down to earth and practical
Table of contents
1 HOW FOCUSED ARE YOU?
- CHAPTER 1 Defining ‘Real Focus’
CHAPTER 2 The Busy Trap
- SO WHAT IS THE BUSY TRAP AND HAVE YOU FALLEN INTO IT?
- THE BIG GLASS JAR THESIS
- ARE YOU A BUSY BRAGGER?
- BUSYNESS: ARE YOU DOING IT TO YOURSELF?
- THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING IDLE
- ARE YOU EVEN AS BUSY AS YOU THINK YOU ARE?
- HOW THE STORIES WE TELL OURSELVES KEEP US IN THE BUSY TRAP
- WE JUST FEEL BUSIER – THAT’S THE PROBLEM
- TAKE THE TEST ARE YOU PRODUCTIVE OR JUST BUSY?
- CHAPTER 3 The Impact of Being Overwhelmed
2 WHY DO YOU LACK FOCUS?
- CHAPTER 4 The Attention Deficit
- CHAPTER 5 Finding a Balance: Men, Women and Our Changing Roles
- CHAPTER 6 Focus Robbers
3 HOW CAN YOU BECOME MORE FOCUSED?
- CHAPTER 7 Do What Matters
- CHAPTER 8 Reclaim Your Time
- CHAPTER 9 Be Present
- CHAPTER 10 Embrace Systems
- WHAT NEXT?
- ABOUT PSYCHOLOGIES
- Title: Real Focus
- Release date: June 2016
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857086600
You might also like
Focus, 2nd Edition
Feeling distracted? Scattered? Time is slipping away from you? You’re not alone. But it doesn’t have …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …