Chapter 2. Handling Media in the Browser
Acquisition and management of both local and remote audio and video:
MediaStreaminterface (and related use of the HTML5
Management of connections:
Management of arbitrary data:
WebRTC in 10 Steps
The following 10-step recipe describes a typical usage scenario of the WebRTC APIs:
MediaStreamobject from your local devices (e.g., microphone, webcam).
Obtain a URL blob from the local
- Use the obtained URL blob for a local preview.
- Add the local stream to the newly created connection.
- Send your own session description to the remote peer.
- Receive the remote session description from your peer.
Process the received session description and add the remote stream to your
- Obtain a URL blob from the remote stream.
- Use ...