Design, develop, and deploy a real-world web application by leveraging modern open source technologies. This book shows you how to use ASP.NET Core to build cross-platform web applications along with SignalR to enrich the application by enabling real-time communication between server and clients. You will use Docker to containerize your application, integrate with GitHub to package the application, and provide continuous deployment to Azure’s IaaS platform.
Along the way, Real-Time Web Application Development covers topics including designing a Materialize CSS theme, using a test-driven development approach with xUnit.net, and securing your application with the OAuth 2.0 protocol. To further your understanding of the technology, you will learn logging and exception handling; navigation using view components; and how to work with forms and validations.
The rich code samples from this book can be used to retrofit or upgrade existing ASP.NET Core applications.
What You Will Learn
- Design and develop a real-world web application
- Implement security and data storage with OAuth2 and Azure Table Storage
- Orchestrate real-time notifications through SignalR
- Use GitHub and Travis CI for continuous integration of code
- Master Docker containerization and continuous deployment with Docker Cloud to Azure Linux virtual machines
Who This Book Is For
Developers and software engineers interested in learning an end-to-end approach to application development using Microsoft technologies.
Table of Contents
- 1. Designing a Modern Real-World Web Application
- 2. The New Era of .NET Core
- 3. Designing a Theme by Using Material Design
- 4. Overview of Azure Storage
- 5. Test-Driven Approach Using xUnit.net
- 6. Securing the Application with ASP.NET Core Identity and the OAuth 2.0 Protocol
- 7. Master Data Management Using Azure Table Storage
- 8. Logging and Exception Handling
- 9. Creating Areas and Navigation by Using View Components
- 10. Forms and Validations
- 11. Real-Time Communication with SignalR
- 12. Code Version Control Using GitHub Platform
- 13. Configuring a Continuous Build with Travis CI
- 14. Preparing an Application for Production and Creating a Docker Image
- 15. Continuous Deployment to Azure Linux Virtual Machines by Using Docker Cloud
- Title: Real-Time Web Application Development : With ASP.NET Core, SignalR, Docker, and Azure
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484232705