Every graphics professional worth his or her salt knows the importance of color management. No matter how much thought artist and client put into the color scheme for a given project, all of that work is for naught if you can't get your results to match your expectations. Enter Real World Color Management, Second Edition. In this thoroughly updated under-the-hood reference, authors Bruce Fraser, Chris Murphy, and Fred Bunting draw on their years of professional experience to show you everything you need to know about color management. Whether your final destination is print, Web, or film, Real World Color Management, Second Edition takes the mystery out of color management, covering everything from color theory and color models to understanding how devices interpret and display color. You'll find expert advice for building and fine-tuning color profiles for input and output devices (digital cameras and scanners, displays, printers, and more), selecting the right color management workflow, and managing color within and across major design applications. Get Real World Color Management, Second Edition--and get ready to dazzle!
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Overview: The Big Picture
- Contents: What’s Inside
- Preface: The Color Management Conundrum
- Part I: Introduction to Color Management
- Part II: Building and Tuning Profiles
Part III: Applications and Workflow
- 10. Color Management Workflow: Where the Rubber Meets the Road
- 11. Color Management in the Operating System: Who Does What to Whom, When?
- 12. The Adobe Common Color Architecture: Color Management in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- 13. Color Management in Macromedia FreeHand 10 and 11: Capable but Quirky
- 14. Color Management in CorelDRAW 10: It Manages Everything But Its Own Files
- 15. Color Management in QuarkXPress: Incremental Improvements
- 16. Color Management and PDF: The Wave of the Future
- 17. Automation and Scripting: The Smart Way to Be Lazy
- 18. Building Color-Managed Workflows: Bringing It All Together
- Part IV: Appendices
- Title: Real World Color Management, Second Edition
- Release date: September 2004
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780321267221
You might also like
Digital Color Management: Encoding Solutions, 2nd Edition
All successful imaging systems employ some form of color management for previewing, controlling and adjusting color …
Playing with Color
Playing with Color is a highly accessible, fun approach to learning color application and principles. This …
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python teaches simple programming skills to automate everyday computer tasks.
The Guided Sketchbook That Teaches You How To DRAW!
Always wanted to learn how to draw? Now’s your chance. Kean University Teacher of the Year …