In this chapter, you will learn about materials used with mental ray. Specifically, you will learn how to:
• Distinguish when to use ProMaterials and Arch & Design materials.
• Use specific ProMaterials.
• Search the predefined ProMaterial libraries.
• Create your own specific ProMaterials.
• Work with Templates in the Arch & Design material.
• Adjust important parameters in the Arch & Design material.
• Use Self Illumination to substitute for lights.
• Describe the use of the Utility Bump Combiner.
• Get familiar with the potential of the Ambient/Reflective Occlusion ...