Recording Tips for Engineers, Fourth Edition provides the knowledge needed to become a proficient audio engineer. With years of experience working with big name rock stars, author Tim Crich shares his expertise and gives all the essential insider tips and shortcuts. A tool for engineers of all levels, this humorous, easy-to-read guide is packed with practical advice using real-life studio situations, bulleted lists, and clear illustrations. It will save valuable time and allow for fast, in-session reference.
Additional resources are available on the companion website (www.routledge/cw/crich.com).
The fourth edition has been updated to:
- Lead discussions of modern file storage and processes for uploading, downloading, sharing, and transferring files and data.
- Address digital audio workstations.
- Provide expanded coverage on room treatment.
Table of contents
- List of Figures
- Chapter 1 The Recording Engineer
- Chapter 2 Sound Characteristics
- Chapter 3 The Studio Setup
- Chapter 4 Drums Setup
- Chapter 5 Electric Guitars Setup
- Chapter 6 Acoustic Instruments Setup
- Chapter 7 Vocals Setup
- Chapter 8 The Control Room Setup
- Chapter 9 The Starting Points
- Chapter 10 The Signal Routing
- Chapter 11 The Recording
- Chapter 12 The Mixing
- Title: Recording Tips for Engineers, 4th Edition
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781317302940
You might also like
Pro Tools All-In-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
A complete Pro Tools reference - from recording to mixing to mastering Pro Tools has long …
It’s Music, Not Theory, Damn It!
Music theory? No such thing. Let - It’s Music, Not Theory, Damn It! - and companion …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Music Theory, 3E
Many people find music theory a tough subject-- but it doesn't have to be! The best-selling …