Answers to Hands-On Labs
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Exploring the Graphical Desktop
1. In the login screen, click the login name “student” and type the password.
2. In the upper-right corner you can see the name of the user who is currently logged in. Click this username to get access to different tools, such as the tool that allows you to change the password.
3. Right-click the graphical desktop, and select Open in terminal. Next, type ls.
4. On the graphical desktop, you'll find an icon representing your home folder. Click it and navigate to the /etc folder. You'll notice that as a normal user, you have limited access to this folder.
5. Right-click a workspace icon, and select the number of workspaces ...