Understanding and Troubleshooting the Boot Procedure
Topics covered in this chapter:
- Introduction to Troubleshooting the Boot Procedure
- Configuring Booting with GRUB
- Common Kernel Management Tasks
- Configuring Service Startup with Upstart
- Basic Red Hat Enterprise Linux Troubleshooting
Many things can go wrong on a Linux system. Often, if something goes wrong it is related to the startup of the server. Linux servers can be used a long time without ever being restarted, so if after years of uninterrupted functioning a server is restarted, problems may appear. In this chapter for that reason you'll read about the startup procedure and how problems can occur and be fixed.
Introduction to Troubleshooting the Boot Procedure
On some occasions, ...