Introducing High-Availability Clustering
Topics covered in this chapter:
- Understanding High-Availability Clustering
- Configuring Cluster-Based Services
- Installing the Red Hat High Availability Add-on
- Creating Resources and Services
- Configuring GFS2 File Systems
High-availability clustering is often used in conjunction with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. In this chapter, you'll learn how to set up a high-availability cluster using the Red Hat High Availability add-on. Using such a cluster lets you guarantee that vital services are available at all times and, if something bad happens to your servers, that the services monitored by high availability are restarted on another node as soon as possible.