Create products and services your consumers can't pass up--without the high cost of development
Success is all about connections.
Debra Kaye explodes conventional thinking about innovation and provides an approach that anyone or any business can use to expose the crucial links among observations, experiences, facts, and feelings that on the surface do not seem related--but are--to uncover fresh, brilliant insights. In Red Thread Thinking, Kaye shows you how to weave originality from disparate information and turn it into a product or service that can shake up the marketplace--and your business.
What sets Red Thread Thinking apart from other books is that it reveals exactly how to identify and understand hidden cultural codes and shifts in consumer perceptions that speak to emerging and existing markets and, as a result, catapult fresh products to iconic status.
A mold-breaking system, Red Thread Thinking sharpens your innovation skills and can assist in problem solving, whether preparing a talk, pitching a project to your colleagues and boss, managing staff in a more productive way, or taking business to a new level. Learn the ways of Red Thread Thinking:
Red Thread One: "Innovation--It's All in Your Head"--We can fire up our brains to become better at observing and interpreting what we see around us
Red Thread Two: "Everything Old is New"--Take a fresh look at the past to gain remarkable advantage
Red Thread Three: "People: The Strangest Animals in the Zoo"--Know what makes your market tick, and you'll know what makes them spend
Red Thread Four: "What You See Is What You Get"--Learn how to create an entirely new and accessible "language" to make your product stand out and be universally understood
Red Thread Five: "The Force of Passion"--Persevere, review, and refine your ideas without compromising your integrity or core beliefs.
Red Thread Thinking teaches you to activate your own knowledge and resources to make better connections, have more and superior insights, and apply history as a valuable source for future-leaning innovation.
Table of Contents
- Red Thread Thinking: Weaving Together Connections for Brilliant Ideas and Profitable Innovation
- Copyright Page
- Prologue: Red Thread Thinking
- Introduction: Innovation Is Not Just a Good Idea
- RED THREAD 1 INNOVATIONIT’S ALL IN YOUR HEAD
- RED THREAD 2 EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW
- RED THREAD 3 CONSUMERS—THE STRANGEST ANIMALS IN THE ZOO
- RED THREAD 4 WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET
- RED THREAD 5 THE FORCE OF PASSION
- Epilogue: Where Innovators Can Take Capitalism
- APPENDIX A Keeping Abreast of What’s New
- APPENDIX B Discussion & Question Guide for Cat Research
- Title: Red Thread Thinking: Weaving Together Connections for Brilliant Ideas and Profitable Innovation
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071808224