Chapter 9 Preview
When you have completed reading this chapter you will be able to:
• Address nonlinearities with linear least squares regression.
• Estimate a nonlinear regression (four different nonlinear regressions).
• Know when it may be reasonable to use a nonlinear regression model.
• Identify common uses of nonlinear regressions.
• Interpret the results from an estimate of a nonlinear model.
All of the regression models you have looked at thus far have been linear. Some have had one independent variable, while others have had several independent variables, but all have been linear. Linear functions appear to work very well in many situations. However, cases do arise in which nonlinear ...