Introduction to Regression Analysis
Chapter 2 Preview
When you have completed reading this chapter you will be able to:
- Understand what simple linear regression equations look like.
- See that you can form a general hypothesis (guess) about a relationship based on your knowledge of the situation being investigated.
- Know how to use a regression equation to make an estimate of the value of the variable you have modeled.
- See that line plots and scattergrams from Excel can be useful in using regression analysis.
- Understand how both time-series and cross-sectional data can be used in regression analysis.
Regression analysis is a statistical tool that allows us to describe the way in which one variable is related to another. ...
Get Regression Analysis now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.