The Formal Ordinary Least Squares (OLS) Regression Model
Chapter 11 Preview
When you have completed reading this chapter you will be able to:
- Understand how software packages calculate the least squares regression estimate.
- Know the rule that every software package uses to choose the best regression estimate.
- Understand how R-square is calculated.
- Know how to use the Akaike Information Criterion (AIC) to choose independent variables correctly.
- Know how to use the Schwartz Criterion (SC) to choose independent variables correctly.
You now have a good understanding of applied regression analysis. You can now do simple and sophisticated forms of regression. You know how to evaluate and interpret regression models. Some ...