"This book is a must-read for all entrepreneurs who need to raise capital to grow their businesses."
—from the Foreword by Bill Hambrecht, Founder and Chairman, WR Hambrecht + Co
"We congratulate the authors for bringing together many of the elements needed to help corporations and their investors take advantage of Reg A+ in a simple and easy-to-understand guide."
—from the Afterword by David Weild IV, Founder and CEO, Weild & Co.; Former Vice Chairman of NASDAQ; "Father" of the JOBS Act
Discover how to raise money under the SEC’s long-awaited Regulation A+ implementing Title IV of the JOBS Act.
This ground-breaking book is the authoritative guide to Reg A+ for executives of emerging growth companies, entrepreneurs, financial advisers, venture capitalists, investment bankers, securities lawyers, and finance and MBA students on how to raise up to $50 million a year through what is in effect a new type of IPO unencumbered by the heavy regulation and cost of a traditional IPO. Reg A+ lifts many of the constraints on soliciting funds, raising growth capital through public offerings, and trading new stock issues that till now inhibited the growth of small companies.
The SEC rules implementing Title III of the JOBS Act by expanding equity crowdfunding to non-accredited investors and allowing small businesses to raise up to $1 million per year have been greeted with speculative excitement in the startup space. But investment banking and stock market heavy hitters such as Bill Hambrecht and David Weild believe that Reg A+ will have a much greater economic impact than the crowdfunding rules and will launch a revolutionary period of growth, innovation, investment returns, and job creation.
Paul Getty, Dinesh Gupta, and Robert Kaplan pool their experience as serial entrepreneurs, investors, and lawyers to show readers in very practical terms how to take maximum advantage of the powerful provisions of the Reg A+ that
Table of contents
- Apress Business: The Unbiased Source of Business Information
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Overcoming Challenges to Going Public
- Chapter 3: Benefits of Regulation A+
- Chapter 4: Limitations and Business Line Considerations
- Chapter 5: The Key Elements of a Reg A+ Offering
- Chapter 6: Raising the Capital through an Underwriter
- Chapter 7: Post-IPO Activities
- Chapter 8: Secondary Markets and Regulation A+ Securities
- Chapter 9: Final Thoughts
- Appendix A: Current Legal Authority
- Appendix B: Current Guidance from SEC
- Appendix C: Public Statements of Commissioners at Open Meeting to Adopt Regulation A+
- Appendix D: OTCQX/OTCQB Listing Requirements and On-Ramp Guides
- Appendix E: Offering Statement Exemplars
- Appendix F: Blue Sky
- Other Apress Business Titles You Will Find Useful
- Title: Regulation A+: How the JOBS Act Creates Opportunities for Entrepreneurs and Investors
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430257325
You might also like
Hands-On Large Language Models
AI has acquired startling new language capabilities in just the past few years. Driven by the …
Full Stack Web Development Mastery Course - Novice to Expert
Full stack development refers to the development of both frontend (client-side) and backend (server-side) portions of …
Make Apps with ChatGPT and Generative AI
ChatGPT is a language generation model developed by OpenAI. Its newest form, Davinci, is behind the …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
As organizations shift from monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained microservices, distributed systems have become more fine-grained. …