Your Company Isn't Fast Enough. Here's How to Change That.
The traditional hierarchical organization is dead, but what replaces it? Numerous new models--the agile organization, the networked organization, and holacracy, to name a few--have emerged, but leaders need to know what really works. How do you build an organization that is responsive to fast-changing markets? What kind of organization delivers both speed and scale, and how do you lead it?
Arthur Yeung and Dave Ulrich provide leaders with a much-needed blueprint for reinventing the organization. Based on their in-depth research at leading Chinese, US, and European firms such as Alibaba, Amazon, DiDi, Facebook, Google, Huawei, Supercell, and Tencent, and drawing from their synthesis of the latest organization research and practice, Yeung and Ulrich explain how to build a new kind of organization (a "market-oriented ecosystem") that responds to changing market opportunities with speed and scale. While other books address individual pieces of the puzzle, Reinventing the Organization offers a practical, integrated, six-step framework and looks at all the decisions leaders need to make--choosing the right strategies, capabilities, structure, culture, management tools, and leadership--to deliver radically greater value in fast-moving markets.
For any leader eager to build a stronger, more responsive organization and for all those in HR, organizational development, and consulting who will shape and deliver it, this book provides a much-needed roadmap for reinvention.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- 1. A New Organization: How Can Your Company Deliver Radically Greater Value?
- Part I: The Context: Responding to Fast-Changing Markets
- Part II: The New Organizational Form: What a Market-Oriented Ecosystem Looks Like
Part III: Governance: How a Market-Oriented Ecosystem Works
- 6. Culture: How Can You Shape the Right Priorities and Behaviors in the Ecosystem?
- 7. Performance Accountability: How Can You Make People Accountable for Results and Motivated to Produce Them?
- 8. Idea Generation: How Can You Generate and Generalize Ideas That Will Have an Impact on the Ecosystem?
- 9. The Talent Pipeline: How Can You Bring In the Right Talent and Move It throughout the Ecosystem?
- 10. Information Sharing: How Can You Share Information, Data, and Tools within the Ecosystem?
- 11. Collaboration: How Can You Work Together to Get Things Done in the Ecosystem?
- Part IV: Turning Ideas into Impact: How to Lead a Market-Oriented Ecosystem
- About the Authors
- Title: Reinventing the Organization
- Release date: September 2019
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633697713
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 3rd Edition
Through a recent series of breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
101 Design Methods
The first step-by-step guidebook for successful innovation planning Unlike other books on the subject, 101 Design …
How Finance Works
Based on a popular class taught by a Harvard Business School professor. If you're not a …