After completing this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain how to manage complexity.
• Describe procurement plan critical success factors.
• Describe various types of organizational teams used in managing supply chains.
• Explain which characteristics lead to effective management teams.
• Describe team-building elements.
• Describe the advantages and disadvantages of teams.
• Describe various styles and obstacles to leadership.
• Explain how supply chain performance metrics can be used in supply chain management.
This chapter provides an understanding of the basic management functions of planning, organizing, staffing, leading, monitoring, controlling, and directing as they relate ...